Thursday, April 10, 2008

No Weirdo Names for the New Gwen/Gavin Offspring


Which is okay I think. Weirdo names are overrated. Just because nobody's gonna tease Apple or Suri doesn't mean it isn't gonna be hell when it's time to explain why you're named after a fruit or when it's time to spell.


Gavin Rossdale was on Ryan Gaycrest's radio show and had this to say about he and Gwen's forthcoming child: “We don’t know [the baby’s gender]. It was a surprise last time so we’re kind of working on that this time. There are some [names] floating around the house, bouncing around the walls.”


Fuck that. When I was pregnant, we wanted to know. Being surprised is also overrated. How the hell do you buy shit? There's only so much green and yellow onesies you can buy and what fun is a unisex nursery? Oh well, I'm not rich so I don't get it I guess.


Gavin went on to say not to expect any odd names because “Kingston set a pretty intense standard!”


As celebrity baby names go, Kingston is pretty tame, I'd say.

No comments: