Friday, May 23, 2008

McCain is Polite. Still an Asshole, But Polite.


Ellen had John McCain on her show the other day and decided to step right up to the gay marriage issue. Obviously, McCain is all about making gays second-class citizens.

Says Ellen: "I think that it is looked at and some people are saying the same that blacks and women did not have the right to vote. Women just got the right to vote in 1920. Blacks didn't have the right to vote till 1870. It just feels like there's this old way of thinking (that) we are not all the same. We are all the same people. All of us. You're no different than I am. Our love is the same."

Damn skippy. I don't see how it's any different. It's still discrimination.

More Ellen: " It sounds to me like saying well you can sit there (points in one direction), you just can't sit there (points in another direction). That's what it sounds like to me. It doesn't feel inclusive. It feels isolated. It feels like we aren't owed the same things and the same wording."

I think I'm in love. Ellen is the shit.

McCain's very polite retarded response: "I've heard you articulate that position in a very eloquent fashion. We just have a disagreement and I, along with many, many others wish you every happiness."

"We wish you happiness, but you aren't as good as me and my wife, so fuck you." I mean, that's what I read when I read that....but that's just me. Yes, I know I'm hostile today. I didn't drink enough coffee.

Ellen finished with a joke: "Thank you. So you'll walk me down the aisle? Is that what you said?"

I'd pay money to see that.

Source

No comments: