Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Korn Lead Singer Jonothan Davis Hospitalized


Jonothan Davis, lead singer of the band Korn has been hospitalized in London. At first, nobody was saying why, but now it's been released that he's suffering from a blood disease.

Davis, 35, was hospitalized in London over the weekend with immune thrombocytopenic purpura, which, according to the National Institutes of Health's Web site, affects the body's ability to stop bleeding.

On the band's Web site, Davis thanks fans for their messages during "some of the scariest days of my life."

Describing his illness, he says, "I started getting these weird bruises all over my body about two weeks ago. I was getting very weak after the shows so I saw a doctor in London Friday. He took some blood tests and when the results came in, they rushed me to the hospital.

"I have ITP," he continues, "a blood infection where, because of an allergic reaction I had to some medication, my blood platelets were really low. If I continued to headbang onstage, I could have had a brain hemorrhage and dropped dead on the spot."

Day-um. They postponed the rest of their show dates, after a short show at a festival the other night. Davis' illness isn't expected to mess with the Family Values Tour which kicks off in July. Thank God for that, I got tickets for that shit. And Korn is pretty much the only reason why I'm going. Get better, we need you in Kansas City! Just kidding, get better, for yourself. That shit sounds serious.

No comments: