Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Courtney Love to Ghost Write Book of Her Diaries


So I am a tad curious how a diary of C. Love's would read: "Woke up. Snorted stuff. Fell over. Stuck finger in light socket. Liked hair, kept it."

But anyways, I guess she's publishing a book she's ghostwritten of her diaries, including an account of some of the last days she spent with late husband Kurt Cobain in the days before his being put in rehab, wherein he later escaped and commited suicide. Regarding Kurt:

Love also reveals matters closer to her heart with the entries about her late husband's suicide, such as a note written soon afterward reminiscing about happier days. On April 17, 1994, she wrote, "Exactly one month ago today was the last time I made love with my husband. I cooked him dinner. We spent four hours in the playroom with Frances. We saw 'Schindler's List.' It made us frightened for life and we saw the value of life. Our convictions we defined until 4 a.m. and we fell asleep in each other's arms and woke up that way in the morning."

Although she hates to admit it to herself, she writes, "Rome was a huge cover-up," meaning that Cobain's Rohypnol-and-champagne overdose on March 4, 1994, was actually a suicide attempt. "I see it now. I just didn't want to see it then. Last night, I re-read the note he left in Rome. It's so obviously a suicide note, so f---ing obvious."

Apparently also published in the book are some notes from her childhood. Mostly I'll probably read it for her talking about Kurt as I am curious to see how she tries to make herself look good there. I'm a HUGE Nirvana fan and I think since Kurt died, all Courtney has given a shit about is how much money she can make off the catalog considering her own musical "talent" is fucking lacking, to say the least.

Anyways, I'm fucking curious, I'll probably read this shit. If it doesn't make me dumber than C. Love, then we're good.

The book is due out in November of this year sometime.

No comments: