Thursday, June 26, 2008

Rolling Stone Loved 'The Dark Knight'


Yeah here is my shocked face.

The Dark Knight doesn't hit theaters until July 18th, but Rolling Stone got first crack at it and Peter Travers wrote up a glowing review.

Heads up: a thunderbolt is about to rip into the blanket of bland we call summer movies. The Dark Knight, director Christopher Nolan's absolute stunner of a follow-up to 2005's Batman Begins, is a potent provocation decked out as a comic-book movie. Feverish action? Check. Dazzling spectacle? Check. Devilish fun? Check.
I can only speak superlatives of Ledger, who is mad-crazy-blazing brilliant as the Joker … If there's a movement to get him the first posthumous Oscar since Peter Finch won for 1976's Network, sign me up. Ledger's Joker has no gray areas — he's all rampaging id.
Every actor brings his A game … Michael Caine purrs with sarcastic wit as Bruce's butler … Morgan Freeman radiates tough wisdom as Lucius Fox. Gary Oldman is so skilled that he makes virtue exciting as Jim Gordon … Eckhart earns major props for scarily and movingly portraying the DA's transformation into the dreaded Harvey Two-Face, an event sparked by the brutal murder of a major character.

(See the entire review at my source, but I believe there are a few spoilers at the Rolling Stone link. I didn't want to be spoiled, so I didn't check it out.)

I'm still psyched about this movie. I might actually drag my lazy ass to an actual theater to see it, instead of waiting 'til it comes out on DVD or getting it on Pay-Per-View. Bah! Imagine that! Me getting off my ass! The world might end!

Source

No comments: