Monday, June 16, 2008

Kat Von D Got Her Record Beat by Ex-Hobbit Husband


Oliver Peck, ex-husband to Kat Von D, broke her record for tattoos in a 24-hour period. Last year Kat broke the record and cronicled how she nearly collapsed doing 400 in a day. Well, Peck beat that record at his Dallas, Texas shop by giving 415 in a day.

The Guiness Book of Records was on hand to give him his award after finishing. He did the number 13 on everyone. He told CNN: "It's an adrenaline rush!" Translation: "Suck that, bitch!"

After the exhaustion and drama around her record-breaking day, I don't see Kat doing that shit again.
UPDATE: Apparently there is no animosity on Kat's end, as she posted this on her MySpace blog: As a lot of you know, last December, I set the Guinness World Record for doing the most tattoos in a 24 hour period. My goal was 400, and I didn't even think I was gonna make it to 300 to be honest, but surprisingly, with the help of an entire crew of people, I reached my goal.
Although attaining a world record status wasn't really my goal, I was able to raise enough money through that event and save over 32,000 kids from going blind, since we donated 100% of the money to Vitamin Angels (one of my favorite charity organizations), and for that I am stoked on.
But even before i attempted to set this record, I knew come Friday the 13th, Oliver Peck would break my record.
Oliver, is owner of Elm Street Tattoo, in Dallas, Texas. He is also my ex husband . We were married for 3 years, and unfortunately parted ways about a year ago or so. But that's where the idea to set this world record originally came from. See, back in 1999 (on Friday the 13th), Oliver set out to set the record for that title, and did 320 tattoos in 24 hours, but didn't go through the proper channels to make it official, so come December of last year, I ended up setting that record (after asking Oliver).
But I knew, come the next Friday the 13th, he would definitely break that record. Oliver is the second most determined and driven person I know and when he says he's gonna do something, he does!
So on this past Friday the 13th, Oliver broke my record of doing 400 tattoos in 24 hours, and completed 415 tattoo!
Even though we haven't really spoken after the divorce, I am happy to say how proud I am of him for kicking ass!
And to all those tattooers out there that think it's an easy task, and try and break Oliver's record, enjoy it while it lasts, because I know for a fact, Oliver's gonna continue to hold that title, and wouldn't be surprised if he broke his own record!
Congratulations are in order, and I hope everyone who reads this sends him positive vibes!
I'm so happy for ya', Oliver!
Meh.

No comments: