Tuesday, September 12, 2006

We Remember


I wasn't online at all yesterday, I'm off Mondays so Husband and I did some cleaning, but we did take a pause to play some music and remember where we were on September 11, 2001. We hadn't met yet, and I was at college. I got up that morning, and went down to the campus health center to get a prescription filled. When I was leaving, they had CNN on, and I saw the first tower on fire. I looked at the girl behind the desk and asked "Is this real?" she was in shock, but she nodded. I ended up sitting there for a good hour watching the second plane hit, then watching both towers fall. I left and didn't go to my class (I'd already pretty much missed it anyway) I went straight back to my best friend Drew's room, where I called my Grandma and my Dad. At the time, nobody was sure if the attack was over or not, and where I went to college is like a mile from the air force base where they house all but like 2 of the stealth bombers that the U.S. has. So I was a tad worried the terrorists had that base on their list.

Anyways, it was a very sombering event for me, and it's amazing to me how fresh it still is, 5 years later. Link in the title takes you to the amazing post that Trent over at Pink is the New Blog made. In his comments, there were actually some jerks who had the nerve to bitch at Trent about his post, and at other commentators! I would like to remind people of something we should already know: 5 years ago, those people who went to work, or boarded that plane, they had NO IDEA of what was ahead of them. And the brave souls in Flight 93? The ones who caused their plane to crash in Pennslyvania? You can bet they weren't planning on being heroes that day. To gripe about the war, the president and others on a day when we SHOULD be honoring those innocent who fell, is stupid. We all have opinions on the actions of our administration post-9/11, but save that for later.

I know my post is a day late, but just wanted to post something. We will never forget, and God bless those who died that tragic day, and God bless those who survived.

No comments: