Tuesday, December 26, 2006

RIP James Brown


Legend James Brown passed away yesterday morning. He'd been hospitalized for pnemonia. He was diabetic and had cancer that was in remission.

From MSNBC: “People already know his history, but I would like for them to know he was a man who preached love from the stage,” said friend Charles Bobbit, who was with Brown at the hospital. “His thing was ‘I never saw a person that I didn’t love.’ He was a true humanitarian who loved his country.”

The entertainer with the rough-edged voice and flashy footwork also had diabetes and prostate cancer that was in remission, Bobbit said. Brown initially seemed fine at the hospital, Copsidas said. Three days before his death, he had participated in his annual toy giveaway in Augusta, and he was looking forward to his New Year’s Eve show.

“Last night, he said ‘I’m going to be there. I’m the hardest working man in show business,”’ Copsidas said Monday.

Just wanted to pop on and post this before I forgot. We heard this on the TV as the fam and I were sitting down for Christmas lunch. What a shame to lose him on a holiday. I didn't even know The Godfather of Soul was sick.

My thoughts go out to his friends and family. Rest in peace, Mr. Brown.

No comments: