Saturday, January 20, 2007

WHOA!

It's official! Senator Hillary Clinton has thrown her hat in to run for prez. She would be the FIRST female prez EVER.

According to msnbc.com: Democratic Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton launched a trailblazing campaign for the White House on Saturday, a former first lady turned political powerhouse intent on becoming the first female president. “I’m in, and I’m in to win,” she said.

In a videotaped message posted on her Web site, Clinton said she was eager to start a dialogue with voters about challenges she hoped to tackle as president — affordable health care, deficit reduction and bringing the “right” end to the Iraq war.

“I’m not just starting a campaign, though, I’m beginning a conversation with you, with America,” she said. “Let’s talk. Let’s chat. The conversation in Washington has been just a little one-sided lately, don’t you think?”

Not sure yet what I think. If her politics are anything like her husband's, I could be gung-ho for this. But it's gonna take a special kind of person to be able to clean up the mess that our current prez is gonna leave behind.

Sorry for the lack of picture, just wanted to post this quickly and I only had a minute.

No comments: