Thursday, January 11, 2007

Madonna Defends Rosie O'Donnell


Madonna stepped up to defend her longtime friend Rosie O'Donnell in the whole Rosie/Donald Trump thingy.

According to Canoe: The 48-year-old pop star told "Today" co-host Meredith Vieira that she'd first heard about the flare-up between O'Donnell and Trump while vacationing "in the middle of the Indian Ocean" and quickly e-mailed O'Donnell.

"I have to hear it from the horse's mouth," Madonna said. "Basically, I mean, she's a stand-up comic. I think all stand-up comics talk about provocative things in their monologues before shows, and I think that's a commonplace thing."

"I don't know exactly the content of what she said," she continued, "but I have a feeling that if every stand-up comic was penalized for saying politically incorrect things or provocative things, I think they'd all be hung in the public square."

That was nice of Maddy to say, but seriously, this dumbass feud needs to die already. The only part about it that I enjoyed was the opportunity to make fun of The Donald. His new season is tanking and he's pissy. Poor rich man.

No comments: