Thursday, March 02, 2006

Dave Chappelle v. Comedy Central


Apparently Dave Chappelle is sparring with his old bosses at Comedy Central regarding the material he shot before his unexpected disappearance. Ads have been on promoting the few episodes they were able to make of the material, and supposedly they are supposed to start showing in May, if I remember right. Dave ain't happy about it.

"But I think if they air that stuff, I can't see how I'm going to be able to," he told the Daily News. "That will damage our relationship."

So far, his return is "up in the air." He's been doing stand-up, and has a new movie coming out called Dave Chappelle's Block Party. So he's got a full plate.

As far as his the show, I know you can only do so much before the well runs dry, and you just can't top yourself. So if Dave thinks he's got something funnier than the Prince skit, then I hope he goes back to the show. Because that shit was funny.

Link: http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/TV/03/02/people.chappelle.ap/index.html

No comments: