Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I Am Without Words



This is definately a time when I am not in character.

I heard some very bad news this morning. One of my favorite bands in the world, a band I grew up on and whose music has been with me through everything in my life is Dave Matthews Band. These guys have immense talent, and I have the upmost respect for them.

Anyway, this morning I heard founding member and sax player Leroi Moore died unexpectedly yesterday. I am in shock.

From DMB's official website:

We are deeply saddened that LeRoi Moore, saxophonist and founding member of Dave Matthews Band, died unexpectedly Tuesday afternoon, August 19, 2008, at Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center in Los Angeles from sudden complications stemming from his June ATV accident on his farm near Charlottesville, Virginia. LeRoi had recently returned to his Los Angeles home to begin an intensive physical rehabilitation program.

My thoughts and prayers are with the band, his family, and friends. He will be missed. His beautiful music will definately be missed as well.

My pictures also come from the website.



Source

No comments: